Spanish graphic design professional with advanced English skills and notions of French and German, seeking a position within an advertising agency or audiovisual company located in the European Union, United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
2. Related Experience
- “Pablo Solla Design and Advertising, Ltd.”1 Creative director / Manager at my own advertising agency (customers: CSHG2, La Voz de Galicia, Koala International, Ediprem3, etc.). Sept. 2004 – July 2008.
- “Versión Quattro, Ltd.” Advertising agency. Art Director. Feb. 2002 – Aug. 2003.
2.2. Computer-aided graphic design trainer
- Trainer – (Graphic design):
- Corel Draw X5 course at “Goymar” Fashion Design School in Vigo. Oct. 2011 – June 2012.
- Adobe Illustrator CS4 course aimed at professionals in design and graphic arts, hired by “GDoce consulting & training”. Apr. – May 2011.
- Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop’s courses and Google Maps’ workshop at “Caixanova Foundation” (now “Afundación”4). May and June 2010.
- Adobe Illustrator CS4 course aimed at professionals in design and graphic arts, hired by FAES5 and “Academia Postal” training group. Oct. 2009.
- “Layout artist” course (320 hours), hired by “Artificial Colors, Ltd.”, audiovisual production company. Course co-financed by “Xunta de Galicia”6, 8. Aug. – Dec. 2009.
- Adobe Indesign CS4 (20 hours) course, hired by “Instituto Príncipe Felipe de Pontevedra”7. Course financed by “Consellería de Educación e Ordenación Universitaria”8 (“Xunta de Galicia”6, 8). Jul. 2009.
- Adobe Illustrator CS4 (16 hours) in two courses at advertising agencies in Vigo. Hired by training group “Femxa Formación” Nov. – Dec. 2008.
- Freelance Trainer. 2005 – 2007:
- Freehand and Photoshop courses, aimed at staff of “Koala International, Ltd.”. 2006 – 2007.
- Web design course (Dreamweaver and Flash) hired by “Academia Abrente” training centre, financed by CEP11. 2005.
- In “PC Carrier”, prestigious training academy (now “Deica IT”). 1998 – 1999. I gave two courses:
- “Audiovisual computer graphics” (Windows, Mac, Freehand, Photoshop, Quark Xpress, Illustrator, Acrobat, Internet and Front Page (120 hours, over a year). 1998 – 1999.
- Photoshop, Freehand and Quark Xpress course (65 hours). 1998 – 1999.
- In “IGF, Galician Training Institute, Ltd.”9. 1997 – 2002. Several courses from 1997 to 2002, specifically:
- Photoshop 4 course (26 hours). 1997.
- Photoshop 5 course (30 hours). 1999.
- Advanced Freehand 8 course (20 hours). 1999.
- Photoshop 6 course (30 hours). 2001 – 2002.
- Advanced course of Photoshop 6 and digital SLR camera. 2001 – 2002.
- Trainer – Microsoft Office course, hired by “Academia Disket” training centre, financed by CEP11. Jun. – Jul. 2009.
3. Education, Training and Courses
[ALL DIPLOMAS: PDF | ZIP]
3.1. Official studies
3.2. Other courses
- “Android Developer” (distance learning). European Social Fund. March – June 2012. [Diploma]
- “Online Portals Management and Optimization” (50 hours). “CEP”11. 2003. [Diploma]
- “Web design with Dreamweaver” (25 hours). “Cegal” academy. 2002.
- “Copywriting” (distance learning). “Vía Formación”. 2002. [Diploma]
- “Online Marketing Strategies” (distance learning). “Vía Formación”. 2002. [Diploma]
- “Audiovisual computer graphics” (10 months). “PC Carrier” academy. 1998. [Diploma]
- “Graphic design” (250 hours). FORGA. Official title “Xunta de Galicia”6. 1997. [Diploma]
- “Business Economic and Financial Fundamentals”. “Proyecto Compás / CEP”11. 2004. [Diploma]
- “Management of basic rules that affect the company”. BIC Galicia12. 2004. [Diploma]
3.3. Online courses (MOOCs)
- UX / UI design courses:
- Copywriting courses:
- Graphic design & audio creation courses:
- Programming languages courses:
- Language learning courses:
- “Professional English”. Dic. – Ene. 2014. UNED
- Community Management courses:
- Advertising & marketing courses:
- Photography and image retouching courses:
- Facebook Blueprint courses:
- Videogame concept, design & development courses:
- Game Design: Art and Concepts. [Diploma]
A five-module MOOC specialization from the California Institute of the Arts and Coursera.org.
- “Introduction to Game Design”. Nov. – Dec. 2015. [Diploma]
- “Story and Narrative Development for Video Games”. Dec. 2015 – Jan. 2016 [Diploma]
- “World Design for Video Games”. Jan. – Feb. 2016. [Diploma]
- “Character Design for Video Games”. Apr. – May 2016. [Diploma]
- “Game Design Document: Define the Art & Concepts”. May. – July 2016. [Diploma]
- “Concepts in Game Development”. Ago. – Sept. 2014. Swinburne University / Open2study.com [Diploma]
- “Understanding Videogames”. Sept. – Dic. 2014. University of Alberta / Coursera.org [Diploma]
- “An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python” (Part I & II). May – Aug. 2015. Rice University / Coursera.org [Diploma]
- Additional courses:
- ENGLISH. B2 Level + Currently learning “English C1” (2015-16) at the Official Language School of Vigo.
Finished “English Intermediate” 1 and 2 (2011-13) and “English Advanced” 1 and 2 (2013-15).
Linguistic scholarship in London (from 13th to 26th, April 2014).
Oxford House College certificate. [Diploma]
- SPANISH and GALICIAN. First languages (native).
- GERMAN. Notions. Finished “German Basic 1 and 2” at the Official Language School in Vigo.
- PORTUGUESE. Intermediate spoken and writing.
- FRENCH. Basic. Currently learning “Basic French 2” course (2015-16) at the Official Language School of Vigo.
Finished 1st “Basic French” course (2014-15) .
Second language at High School and a course of 40 hours (2007). [Diploma]
5. Software & other skills
5.1. Social and organizational skills.
I consider myself an educated person, kind, friendly, easygoing and conversational, able to empathize with clients and colleagues. Excellent communication and teamworking skills. Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines. Resilience and the ability to cope with criticism of my work. Self-taught, cooperative, perfectionist, organized and methodical. Good business sense. Awareness of budgets.
5.2. Graphic design specific software: Mac & PC
Adobe Creative Studio (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Acrobat, Premiere), Corel Suite (Draw, Photopaint, etc.), Freehand, Quark Xpress, Director, Camtasia, Pagemaker, 3D Studio Max, GIMP, Fontografer, SWF Decompiler, etc.
5.3. Technical skills: Web, Social Media, Computers and Operating Systems
5.4. Artistic skills, know-how and other aptitudes
Expert computer skills and a keen eye for detail. Creativity, imagination and a deep understanding of photography and printing. Talent and imagination for artistic drawing and illustration. Notions of geometric design and drafting. Knowledge of art history and photography (digital SLR camera). Capable and creative copywriter.
5.5. Hobbies and interests
I love swimming, rollerblading and cycling. I love nature and animals, especially cats and dogs. I am very fond of reading, and I am interested in fantasy, science fiction and classics novels (especially Homer, Shakespeare, etc.), as well as psychology, philosophy and sociology essays. I am also a fan of contemporary writers (Paul Auster, José Saramago), comic books, gaming and movies (both classic, modern or independent ones).
- Pablo Solla Diseño y Publicidad, S.L. – Pablo Solla Design and Advertising, Ltd.
- CSHG, Centro Superior de Hostelería de Galicia – Hotel Management School of Galicia- Turgalicia (Galicia Government Board).
- EDIPREM, Ediciones y Producciones Empresariales, S.A. – Enterprise Editions and Productions, Public Limited Company.
- AFUNDACIÓN – Abanca (Bank) Foundation (formerly “Caixanova, Savings bank of Galicia, Vigo, Ourense and Pontevedra”).
- FAES, Fundación para el Análisis y los Estudios Sociales – Foundation for Analysis and Social Studies.
- Xunta de Galicia – Galicia Government Board.
- Instituto Príncipe Felipe de Pontevedra – Prince Philip Institute at Pontevedra.
- Consellería de Educación e Ordenación Universitaria – Department of Education and University, Galicia Government Board.
- IGF, Instituto Gallego de Formación – IGF, Galician Training Institute.
- Escuela de Arte y Superior de Diseño “Pablo Picasso” – “Pablo Picasso” School of Art and Design.
- CEP, Confederación de Empresarios de Pontevedra – CEP, Confederation of Pontevedra Industry.
- BIC Galicia, Centro Europeo de Empresas e Innovación de Galicia – Galicia’s European Business and Innovation Centre.
Résumé files (PDF)
This section includes my résumé in different languages in order to make it more accessible to companies.
Here you can find direct download links (ideal for mobile devices), or you can read it on Issuu (it may require Flash Player):
- Résumé in English
- Curriculum Vitae en Español
- Lebenslauf auf Deutsch
- Curriculum Vitae em Português
- Curriculum Vitae à Français
- Curriculum Vitae en Galego
Reader (English version)